Deliverance ministry includes the exorcism of personal demons, and the cleansing of houses and well as the breaking of curses, hexes and spells covered earlier.
The person entering into deliverance ministry on an on-going basis must be a born-again Christian who has experienced the baptism of the Holy Spirit and who has a good understanding of the nature of the spiritual realms. They should also be free from major personal sin and anything that grieves the Holy Spirit. Much of what is needed (such as authority) is covered in earlier sections of this manual.
1. Deliverance cannot be done against the will of the person. In the gospels deliverance of adults was only done on those who came to Jesus requesting it. Children were delivered at the request of their parents.
2. The foundation of deliverance is legal authority. Knowledge and use of the legal authority we have in Christ, combined with authority given to us in by consent in the life of the person combined with authority gained through repentance and confession and breaking with sin which remove the demon's right to stay.
3. Along with legal authority there needs to be faith that the deliverance is possible and there also may need to be prayer and fasting beforehand. (Matthew 15:17-21)
4. Things that bring curses and help the habitation of demons must be dealt with. Things associated with that person's sin such as: Magic items, Charms, "anting-anting", pornography, illicit sex, drugs, weapons (if used for crime), astrology books, books of cults or Satanic religions, potions, magic necklaces and handkerchiefs, sacrificial tables, and knives, totem poles, instruments used in demon worship and idolatry, images of saints, pictures used in worship of foreign gods, idols, etc must be destroyed and preferably burned (Deut 7:25,26 Acts 19;19).
5. It is often useful to have a period of personal repentance and cleansing. Pray with the following prayer of cleansing and deliverance twice a day for maybe a fortnight before the deliverance session. Some people become delivered by themselves, just using this prayer.
6. A deliverance session should generally involve at least two prayer warriors as well as the person being delivered and all involved should be in personal unity. (Matthew 18:19,20)
7. The sin that gives authority to the demons presence can be dealt with by breaking with sin, confession and forgiveness of sin, forgiveness of others and restitution and blessing of others.
8. There needs to be a complete renunciation of all association with Satan, magic and idolatry including Catholic saints and icons.
9. Unforgiveness, inner cursing, lying, deceitfulness, treachery, bitterness, violence and rage are attitudes that grieve the Spirit and create demonic strongholds. (Ephesians 4:25-32)
10. Deviant and illicit sex, homosexuality and effeminacy along with theft, dishonesty and corruption also need to be confessed and renounced.
11. Demons need to be firmly and authoritatively rebuked in the name of Jesus and told to leave. They should be banned from speaking, and from being a nuisance or causing harm.
12. Curses and afflictions should be broken and the person restored and blessed in the name of the Lord. Their body, where the demons dwelt, should be consecrated to the Lord Jesus Christ as a living sacrifice and there should be prayer for the mind to be renewed and enlightened and the banishing of all confusion, doubt and despair.
13. The blessings in Jesus Christ (Ephesians 1:3) and of Abraham (Galatians 3:6,9, 14,29) should be claimed according to the precious and powerful promises of God.(2 Peter 1:2-11)
14. The person should claim any needed healing of body,
mind and spirit and "destroy the works of the Devil" (1 John 3:8) - such as
illness, poverty, afflictions, mental illness, curses etc in their life.
15. There should be praise and thanksgiving after
the deliverance as is appropriate and honoring to God. (Philippians 4:6,7)
A Prayer For Spiritual
Cleansing And Deliverance
I confess and renounce the
sins of my parents and ancestors (list them)
I renounce all the works of the Devil (including magic, drugs, pornography and major sin)
I ask God to forgive me for all these things from God and I claim the cleansing of the blood of Jesus Christ.
I also forgive all those who have sinned against me and I bless them in the name of the Lord.
I claim the authority I have in Christ over the powers and principalities in the heavenly realms and all the forces of darkness.
I agree that Christ has become a curse for me on the cross, that all my curses are taken by Him and under His blood and that He has chosen to bless me with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms. Therefore I break all curses over my life in Jesus name.
In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, the Son of God, I command Satan and all his demons to leave me now, without speaking and without disturbance or causing harm and to go to the place appointed for them by God.
I bind the demons from entering any other person.
I give all the ground in my life that was given to Satan and his demons to be under the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
I consecrate my body as a living sacrifice to God.
I ask the Holy Spirit to fill me completely with his love and power and to renew my mind.
I claim all the blessings I have in Christ including the blessings of Abraham and ask for blessings to overcome the damage done by the demons in my life and to recover the years the locusts have eaten.
I claim healing of body, mind, soul and spirit and full recovery from any illnesses, torments, afflictions or poverty caused by Satan.
I put on the full armor of God in Ephesians 6:10-18 and claim the covering of the blood of Jesus Christ.
I thank and praise the Lord Jesus Christ for His mighty work in my life.
In Jesus name Amen.
(Exodus 20:5, 34:7,, 2 Corinthians 4:2, Matthew 6:12-15, Luke 6:28, Romans 12:14, 1 Peter 3:9, 1 John 1:7-10, Ephesians 2:6, 1:20, Galatians 3:10-14, Ephesians 1:3, Mark 5, Romans 12:1-2, Ephesians 5:18, Galatians 3:6,9,14,29, Joel 2:25, James 5:14-16, Ephesians 6:10-18, Mark 11:20-24, Philippians 4:6,7)
The above prayer undermines the authority of the demons to have any ground in the person, casts them out, binds them, and then fixes the damage they may have caused.
It only takes about five minutes to pray and should be prayed twice a day for about a fortnight or until the person senses that they have come clear. It is wise to pray it with a pastor or elder present for the first couple of times.
It should be accompanied by the destruction of all items associated with the occult, magic drugs, false doctrine, pornography or other gross sin.
Confession should be specific and detailed but not overly repeated. Sometimes acts of restitution may be necessary.
The two weeks is just how long it takes most people to remember things and deal with them one by one.